Wednesday 22 December 2010

Mr & Mrs ...

Today I have a card complete with matching box that I have made for my MIL who is due to be married tomorrow, I wanted something really special and I know she will treasure it so I decided to go with paper aida and cross stitch in the colours of the wedding, cream & pale pink.  It has taken me countless hours to plan & stitch but I am really pleased with the result.
---
I have used Rymans cardstock and Anitas card blank, the backing paper is from Pink Petticoat (little fleurs).  Cream linen card from my stash, flowers & ribbon from Wild Orchid Crafts and the branch is a Martha Stewart punch.  The pearls and beads are from also my my stash which I have wired together.  Finished with Tim Holtz distress ink, Antique Linen.  As before I have made the aida on the computer and hand punched the holes and then stitched.
---
Thanks so much for dropping by and any comments you wish to leave.
Fingers crossed for the weather and the wedding?
---
Love Jane x

5 comments:

Vicky said...

Wow Jane what beautiful stitching hun and gorgeous design :o)
I can see why it has taken you soooo long to do and the flowers and box are stunning too.
Have a lovely day tomorrow and hope the weather is going to be ok!!
Hugs Vicky xx

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Jane, this is absolutely stunning, your MIL will adore it. You must have spent hours on this, but well worth it, hope you all have a lovely day at the wedding tomorrow.

Donna x

Anonymous said...

gorgeous - will certainly be treasured forever.

coops said...

wow, this is absolutely stunning jane.the soft colours are beautiful and i love the crossstitching and amazing details.i would like to wish you and your family a wonderful christmas and all the best for 2011 :D

xx coops xx

Bev said...

Oh my word, this truly is a work of art Jane, and something to be treasured. x